Performance Food Group Shuttle Driver in Bloomington, Indiana
Performance Ellenbee (0790)
The Shuttle Driver position will drive a tractor trailer, tandem trailer and/ or straight trucks on intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose of delivering empty trailers to PFG warehouse locations and to pick up and deliver full trailers with various food products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods) to PFG domicile locations in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
Perform “pre-trip safety check” inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect cab and trailer to insure they meet company quality standards and take appropriate action as needed.
Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all the required paperwork associated with freight. Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer as needed.
Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route and delivery schedule.
Unload products from the trailer transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork. Unload pallets, insulated blankets, Power Walker / Hand carts and remove trash from trailers as required.
Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
Perform “post trip safety check” on the vehicle, secure tractor and trailer and / or “Red Tag” for repair or maintenance as needed. Perform general housekeeping duties in cab, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performance Foodservice Benefits Include:
Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days
Company Matched 401k
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous Paid Time Off
Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
Address Line 1:
3765 Port Union Road
Bloomington, Indiana (IN)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy (http://pfgc.com/Policy) ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster (http://pfgc.com/Poster) and supplement (http://pfgc.com/Supplement) ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement (http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency) .
• 12 months commercial driving experience
• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Internal candidates must be in good standing
• Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
• Valid CDL A with Doubles Endorsement
• Must be 21 years of age
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Work required 3rd shift schedule, Sunday-Thursday nights (schedules may vary)
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
• 1+ years of commercial driving experience
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
Click Here for Benefits Information (https://pfgc.com/Careers.aspx#benefits)
Performance Food Group
- Performance Food Group Jobs