Knipper Operations Support Associate in Charlestown, Indiana
Supports the Operations Lead and Supervisor in tasks associated with inventory replenishments, counts and investigations.
• Verify all replenishments and transfers from the warehouse to ensure the correct item, lot number, and quantity have been picked.
• Report any discrepancies for inventory replenishments and transfers to the Operations Supervisor.
• Stow inventory in the designated flow rack locations, using a handheld scanner.
• Organize inventory overflow at the back of the flow-rack and notify inventory of any pallets that don’t move within 72 hours.
• Understand unit of measure, to ensure accurate counting of inventory
• Execute any Pick Mod to Pick Mod transfers of inventory
• Perform end of wave cycle counts in a timely manner and provide to Operations Lead or Supervisor for review and verification
• Perform second counts when requested by Operations Lead or Supervisor
• Assist in inventory investigations, which may include opening packed orders to verify counts
• Expected to assist with the training of new employees.
• Perform other assigned tasks as directed by management.
• Effective communicate with Ops Leads, Supervisors, Forklift Operators and Inventory as needed.
• Other tasks will be assigned as needed, which may include Pick Pack and carton assembly.
The above duties are meant to be representative of the position and not all-inclusive.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education/Training: High School Education.
Business Experience: One year of experience in performing cycle counts or using an RF scanner to move inventory, preferably in a Distribution environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Experience with an RF Scanner
Experience with identifying and counting inventory items across multiple units of measure
Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy
Excellent verbal communication skills
While performing the duties of this job the employee is:
Frequently required to stand or sit
Frequently required to stoop, kneel, or crouch
Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
Frequently expected to work in refrigerated conditions
Frequently lift and/or move objects up to 35 pounds
Occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 60 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
External Company Name: J. Knipper and Company, Inc.
External Company URL: www.knipper.com
Street: 1250 Patrol Road