Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Logistician in Crane, Indiana
Full Time / Part-Time
Bowhead seeks a Logistician to join our team at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Crane, IN. The Logistician will be responsible for determining demand plans for future requirements by forecasting, evaluating the operational environment and collaborating with customers to improve the materiel availability and weapons system readiness.
The Logistician will participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), develop and deliver system support to ensure the warfighter meets performance capabilities, help minimize support costs and logistics footprint, and provide resources to sustain the system in the field.
Other essential functions will include:
• Maintaining inventory of spare parts.
• Coordinating with Overhaul and Maintenance Branch (Code JXNM) to assist the Project Lead/RTA in determining parts in need of acquisition on the Crane spare parts contract.
• Coordinating packaging and/or shipping of weapons or weapon spare parts, sights, tools, or gauges to field units as required.
• Tracking incoming weapon shipments and outgoing weapons or weapon spare parts, tools, or gauges shipments and communicate tracking information to Project Lead and customers.
• Assisting with responses to inventory, shipping, and receiving inquiries from TACOM and the Program Office as required.
• Maintaining continuous communication with TACOM and/or the Program Office regarding inbound weapons shipments and weapon fielding schedules; coordinate with Code JXNM to ensure schedules are met; facilitate urgent shipping requests for short turnaround items as required.
• Coordinating with Registry and Allowances Branch (Code JXNP) in support of serialized tracking and reporting of all Small Arms/Light Weapons and accessories in accordance with DoD instructions.
• Coordinating with Code JXNP to provide all maintenance data pertaining to all Small Arms/Light Weapons as required by the Project Lead/Task Lead and by Registry Personnel.
• Developing processes/procedures as required to manage functions or programs.
• Providing analytical support for resolving various issues relating to Logistics Support of Small Arms/Light Weapons.
• A High School diploma or equivalent is required in addition to at least three (3+) years of professional experience in integrated logistics support
• Prior experience supporting NSWC Crane is desired
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance however candidates who currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level are highly encouraged to apply. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)