UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Logistics Specialist - Senior in Crane, Indiana
Tracking Code F3500-20-1460-F
Job Code 20-1460
Posting Title Logistics Specialist - Senior
Post Date 9/15/2020
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel Up to 25%
Description LOGISTICS SPECIALIST - SENIOR (F3500-20-1460-F):
Bowhead seeks a Senior Logistician Specialist to join our team in Crane, IN at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC Crane) and the Radar Technologies Division. The Logistician shall perform various tasks related to the planning, development, implementation and management of a comprehensive, affordable and effective systems support strategy. The Logistician shall be capable of independently performing complicated and technical logistics tasks described below.
Other essential functions will include:
• Will be responsible for the Technical Documentation Package (TDP) creation and review which may be conceptual or production based. Knowledge of the definition of ASME Y14.24 is extremely helpful. This will also include entering and maintaining data from categories such as Product Definition Data, Engineering Drawings, Associated Lists, Specifications & Standards, Performance Requirements, Quality Assurance Provisions, Reliability Data, Packaging Details, and Modeling.
• Developing and reviewing Life Cycle Support Plans (LCSP) to document the plan for formulating, implementing and executing the sustainment strategy and contributing to updates and/or changes for continuity of program documentation. The LCSP must describe the approach and resources needed to sustain the program requirements into design, development, testing, deployment and sustaining phases.
• Will be responsible for Configuration Management Plans (CMP’s) by developing and reviewing CMP’s, Engineering Change Proposals (ECP’s), Notice of Revisions (NOR’s) and Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) in accordance with DoD practices-knowledge of MIL-HDBK-61A definition very helpful.
• Will complete Business Case Analysis (BCA’s) and feasibility studies for depot support as required to support Depot Source of Repair (DSOR) decisions. Conduct required research, acquirement resources, review OEM Logistics documentation, and provide Senior Management guidance on out-year support and sustainment.
• Support analysis of automated tools such as PowerLog, SLICWave, Naval Ship Engineering Drawing Repository (NSEDR), HAYSTACK, and associated DLA venues to develop Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) reports such as Level of Repair, Maintenance Plans and Engineering Data for Provisioning.
• Verify/validate data to ensure current or updated information is used to conduct reliability analysis methods using tools such as Failure Mode Effects and Critical Analysis (FMECA) reports and related attributes such as Operational Availability (OA), Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) and Total Logistics Delay Time.
• Will be responsible for acquisitions logistics requirements during each DoD Acquisition Phase as defined in the DoD Acquisition Lifecycle Management Framework. Participate in and contribute to product sustainment reviews and dial-in discussions for obsolescence; identify alternate sources of supply and interface with DLA for appropriate disposition. This tasking may include developing required acquisition logistics documentation and support/participate in Independent Logistics Assessments (ILA).
Requirements • BA/BS and an additional eight (8) years of relevant experience is required. Additional work experience may be substituted for the formal education requirements for the highly qualified candidates.
• Prior experience supporting NSWC Crane is preferred.
• Prior experience and knowledge of logistics procedures and processes is required.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies
- UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Jobs