BMWC Constructors, Inc. Administrative Coordinator in Indianapolis, Indiana
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide Receptionist and administrative support services for the Indianapolis office. Specific job responsibilities and assignments will be assigned and directed by management.
Essential Functions and Requirements
First Impressions Management & Customer Service
· Serves as a first point of contact to all visitors and guests of BMWC Constructors in the Indianapolis office
· Well-versed in company history, marketing information, organizational structure and market position
· Serves as Receptionist and primary contact with both external and internal customers via telephone
· Ensures continuity of receptionist/front desk coverage working with Munster team, provides coverage for lunch and breaks; trains as necessary
· Maintains daily contact/location information for key personnel and office staff
Cross-Functional & Administrative Support
· Provides service as needed for other departments and work teams
· Primarily responsible for daily Safety Department reports, daily safety plans, training records and files; scans, indexes and retains per protocol to be entered into COINS database
· Supports Accounting team by logging payments received; coding, logging and scanning invoices; reconciling fuel bill; and providing other miscellaneous scanning, indexing and administrative support
· Manages petty cash box for postage and stamps; balances cash balance daily and driving to bank as necessary
· Other support and service tasks and activities as requested – sorting, scanning, binding, etc.
· Responsible for maintaining company contact information; updates and posts/distributes phone lists regularly
· Updates and maintains birthday and anniversary listings
· Manages and distributes postal mail, shipments and deliveries
· Assists with ad hoc projects upon requests; a certain degree of flexibility and creativity is required
· Embraces technological innovations and continuously seeks to improve processes and best practices
· Aid Executive Assistant in event/activity planning for corporate and philanthropic events such as United Way campaign and Christmas party
· Communicate, through the appropriate channels, any observations of noncompliance with the Guiding Principles and Core Values of BMWC and/or other violations of policy or illegal actions that place personnel and the company at risk
· Perform, with care, any control-related activities required as a function of the position
· Meets corporate standard for development activity
· Specific job responsibilities and projects will be assigned and directed by leadership
This position has regular contact with all levels of internal and field staff, Operations & Executive Leadership Teams, customers, third-party partners and vendors, and visitors and guests to the office. This position reports directly to Corporate Executive Assistant and is considered part of the Administrative team.
Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in administrative support roles
Strong service orientation and outstanding organizational skills
Effective time management, strong detail orientation and accuracy
Outstanding communication skills and professional presentation/image
Ability to work productively with a diverse team
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a constantly changing environment
Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products ; technical aptitude to learn internal systems and required packages
Local candidates only! (Must reside within a 30 minute commute of Downtown Indianapolis, IN)
Previous work experience in the construction industry
High school diploma or equivalent required, post-secondary education preferred.
Additional coursework, training and/or certification are also preferred.