Penhall Company Branch Administrator in Indianapolis, Indiana
Coordinate and administer variety of clerical and general office tasks in support of assigned location (i.e. department, project, etc.)
- Division Manager, Area General Manager
- Shop Manager/Dispatch, Mechanics, Technicians, Laborers, Administrative Staff
- Existing customer base
- Industry Associations
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Large volume data entry; 10 key proficiency is CRITICAL.
- Daily interaction with field, dispatch, maintenance and management personnel.
- Prepare control documents for use in reconciling one or more of the following: payroll, payables, receivables and equipment rental functions.
- Receive, process, code and upload all payables.
- Process monthly accruals and journal entries as needed to reclass job cost
- Maintain PO log and assign PO numbers for purchases.
- Complete vendor applications as necessary, including vendor set up and number assignment.
- Contract and service billing including preparing industry pay applications, scanning, emailing, and mailing billings and lien releases to customer.
- Obtain supervisor's signature on all contract, subcontract, and change-order documents as required and route, per MOA.
- Verify coding and pricing on equipment tickets from service divisions.
- Order insurance certificates per project requirements.
- Monitoring WIP reporting and revenue recognition.
- Compile and verify attendance of employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records and post information onto designated records – detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Complete and send out monthly Labor Reports to customers (AARA/MEUR/OCIP/DAS 140/Safety).
- Input payroll, including certified payroll compliance obligations and distribute checks.
- Understanding of Union / Davis Bacon and prevailing wage rates.
- Performing courtesy billing calls to ensure customer receipt, mitigate billing issues, and improve DSO on all assigned division locations through consistency and a courteous approach.
- Communicating reliable information on account issues to management and sales staff that assists in dispute resolution and account reconciliation.
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as processing paperwork and maintaining job folders including all filing.
- Process paperwork for newly hired employees, I-9 verification, e-verify.
- Plan and prioritize to assist in accomplishing regional DTI and DSO goals. Including, but not limited to assistance with AR calls.
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Answer phones - screen/handle routine and/or noncritical items and provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Provide mail service for assigned location. Includes making mail pick-ups & deliveries; sorting, weighing, and posting outgoing mail and packages including distributing interoffice/inter-project mail, etc.
- Compile and prepare various reports for supervisor's use (requires analysis and comparison of data).
- Receive packages, office supply deliveries, etc. as required. Insure items are delivered/stored according to procedures.
- Arrange travel, hotel, car reservations for supervisor and field employees and maintain expenses through Concur. Maintain supervisor's calendar, schedule meetings, etc.
- Month end preparation to meet corporate closing schedule.
- Assistance with any internal or external audits.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- High school diploma, plus 2-3 years business or industry related experience.
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience including business writing and research responsibilities.
- Experience and accuracy in, but not limited to: Customer Service, Payroll (including certified payroll), Accounts Payable (A/P), Billing, Collections, etc.
- Knowledge of construction or related administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as Microsoft Office (word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint), managing files, records, other office procedures and terminology.
- Working knowledge of business procedures, general bookkeeping, accounting principles and practices including analysis, reporting data, reconciliations and problem solving.
- Ability to type 65-70 WPM accurately and take dictation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times is critical.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record required when duties require use of motor vehicle.
Penhall Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Penhall Company encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans, disabled persons to apply.
Employee Type: Part-Time
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job Type: Admin - ClericalConstruction
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 29/12/2020