Envigo RMS, Inc. Group Leader in Indianapolis, Indiana
Envigo provides the broadest range of research models and related services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, government, academia, and other life science organizations. We pride ourselves on recruiting the best - professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we stand for…making a difference in people’s lives. We are evolving to become the best company to work with and to work for. Come and join us as a Group Leader in our Indianapolis, IN location - we have an exciting future ahead!
Is this you?
We are seeking a Group Leader to join our dynamic team! The Animal Care Group Leader plays an essential role in supervising and training our Animal Care Technicians. They will perform routine and specialized duties as well as assist in operational planning and directing the work of the Technicians.
_Primary ways the Group Leader will contribute to the Envigo team:_
- Perform all duties of a Senior Technician
- Teach animal care skills and techniques to new technicians
- Oversee and suggest improvements in the work and procedural compliance of animal technicians assigned to their group
- Ensure animal and cage observation requirements are met daily
- Assure compliance with assigned inventory levels colony levels and production goals
- Assure compliance with meeting reporting deadlines of colony and inventory information
- Coordinate and oversee the shipping of animals without supervision
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Continually monitor, practice and enforce proper biosecurity concerns
- Assist supervisor in developing and maintaining employee work schedules for their assigned rooms
- Assist supervisor in addressing employee disciplinary and performance issues
- Assist with the preparation of yearly reviews and PMD’s (Performance Management Development).
_We are looking for the following from the _ * _ _ Group Leader* * _ _ :*
- Must have all the qualifications of a Senior Animal Technician and be able to:
- Have and practice good/strong leadership and human relations skills
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to interface with teammates
- Assists with coordination of training/development/mentoring of personnel
- Work with a minimum level of supervision
- Evaluate the work of others in an impartial manner
- Work in a standing position that will require bending and stretching of arms and legs
- Lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Competency Level IV required in Training Record
- Understand and utilization of R.A.T.S (Recognize, Act, Tell, Sustain)
- Understand and ensure AAALAC requirements are being followed
- Evaluation of staff utilizing the Technician Advancement Program (TAP)
_Envigo offers benefits including:_
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
Envigo is an EOE, including disability/vets.
Req ID: 8084
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Operations/ Production