Indiana University Health IS Program Manager in Indianapolis, Indiana
This IS Program Manager will assist the Executive Director of Informatics & Information Services Demand Management. The Demand Management program is being designed and implemented over the next 12-18 months, and then will transition to the go-forward maintenance and operation state. The Program Manager will elevate the program using metrics and reporting, examining and facilitating application design to implement automation and enhance current state workflows, and providing input for demand management processes, educational materials, and communications. Oversees a portfolio of business and/or clinical projects in order to achieve specific program business goals, objectives and benefits. Coordinates Information Services resources across one to many divisions to improve overall project efficiency and effectiveness . Forms strategic relationships, understanding our customer's business requirements, balancing those needs and expectations against the existing or planned capabilities of Information Services. Ensures effective and efficient project management practices are utilized by the program team(s). Identifies and maintains ownership of significant IS related issues, leading the mitigation and resolution of those impacting their client and escalate when appropriate. Ensures all projects and implemented software systems within the assigned portfolio are delivered on time, within budget, and provide a preeminent level of quality/value to our end users. Collaborates with executive management to ensure that assigned programs and projects meet the needs of our patients, medical staff, management and employees.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
•7-10 years of relevant experience.
• PMP (Project Management Process) certification preferred.
• Required experience with contractor and vendor management.
• Requires extensive experience with complex program or project management.
• Requires an understanding of the Information Management principles, IT processes, SDLC, architecture and technologies adopted by an organization.
• Requires extensive experience with MS Project, SharePoint, Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint.
• Requires a demonstrated fundamental understanding of project accounting and financial management.
• Required experience with enterprise PPM (Project and Portfolio Management) tools.
• Experience in facilitation, solution scoping, business case development and creation of TCO models is required.