R.T. Moore Company, Inc. Warehouse Delivery Driver in Indianapolis, Indiana
Complete warehouse deliveries and activities as required.
• Ensure that all items received into stock are accurately accounted for with no damage caused by handling
• Receive loads as directed by Warehouse Manager in a timely manner
• Conduct inventory reconciliation as required ensuring accurate counts of all inventory items
• Keep warehouse materials organized and stocked in their designated location
• Accurately complete/submit all paperwork to Warehouse Manager
• Maintain delivery vehicle cleanliness and scheduled maintenance
• Delivery of water heaters and various items for the service department
• Delivery of tubs/showers as needed for tub warehouse
• Delivery of gas pipe as needed for pre-fabrication department
• Conduct all warehouse activities in a safe and responsible manner; identify potential safety issues and elevate to Warehouse Manager
• Keep warehouse and all inventory storage areas clean, organized and clear of debris
• Assist in building maintenance or fleet items as requested
• Demonstrate the following character traits: thoroughness, humility, determination, flexibility and alertness
• Consistently demonstrate the core values of R.T. Moore
• Perform addition tasks as required by business or directed by leadership
• Leadership: Train and mentor new associates assigned to work with you.
• Direction: Immediate supervision: receives close supervision related to specific work activities, assignments and methods. Usually receives frequent surveillance over job activities; instructions are detailed.
• Safety: Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Warehouse Manager.
• Teamwork: Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals. Develop an effective and positive work environment for all team members.
• Education: High School Diploma or GED
• Licenses: Must carry a valid driver’s license.
• Certification: None required
• No prior experience necessary
• Warehouse and forklift experience a plus
• Work Ethic: Demonstrated solid work ethic
• Initiative: Must be able to anticipate and proactively address issues arising from market conditions, changing business needs, team relations and other factors that could negatively affect productivity or positive work environment.
• Attendance: Consistent attendance and arriving at required start times
• Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as job sheets, pull sheets, inventory reports, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively to customers and team members.
• Math Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to withstand high stress levels and effectively resolve conflict.
• Computer Operations: Basic computer skills necessary with ability to perform standardized applications on mobile device or PC.
• Planning and Organization: Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize these tasks accordingly. Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing conditions through evaluation of plan and reorganization or priorities.
• Do what is right; be honest and fair.
• Build strong relationships.
• Share in company successes.
• Working conditions: Will be exposed to changing weather conditions, for instance; rain, snow, wind, cold, and heat.
• Work Environment: Must be comfortable working in the following environments: outdoor weather conditions, very loud, wet or humid conditions, working near moving mechanical parts, possible inhalation of fumes or airborne particles, working in high precarious places extensive vibrations and possible risk of electric shock.
*Please note these are possible occurrence not necessarily an everyday event.
• Work Schedule: Standard start time 7:00 A.M. unless otherwise directed. End time varies depending on direction of Warehouse Manager. Standard work week; Monday through Friday. Some mandatory Saturday and/or Sunday work days. Periodic over time.
Must be able to climb or balance for at least 2/3 of your work day. Capable of lifting at least 100 pounds. Can continuously lift up to 50 pounds or more for over 2/3 of work day. Constant lifting or carrying of items.
Capable of heavy physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
How Your Performance Will Be Evaluated
• Quality of work
• Internal Customer satisfaction
• Quantity of work
• Work Ethic
• Team Player; Demonstrated alignment with Company values and culture
Street: 6340 La Pas Trail