Daifuku Web Holding Company WYN - Site Project Manager, Sr in Indianapolis, Indiana
Manages at a program level the site installation and installation teams for material handling automation projects involving a wide variety of equipment, machines, software, controls, and technologies and valued up to $100 million.
- Plans, executes, and completes installation of material handling equipment projects involving structures, conveyors, machinery, controls, and software.
- Manages project installation teams and project resources during site execution leading to successful project startup & turnover to customer. At times in multiple locations at a program level.
- Manages relationships and installation work plans with multiple project partners both internal and external (project team, vendors, customer, sub-contractors)
- Tracks and documents daily project installation progression against the master project schedule milestones.
- Follows Wynright internal standards for Safety, Mechanical/Electrical Installation, & overall Site Management process
- Generate using the Microsoft platform thorough and comprehensive site reports. Provide verbal and documented updates to projects, including in-scope deliverables, project issues, and risks.
- Develop, Drive, & execute mitigation plans during installation phase of project when project risks arise.
- Competency to execute material handling system startup safety, functional, and accepting testing prior to customer turnover.
- Travel as needed on short notice and give full assessment both mechanically/electrically of project safety, progression against schedule milestones, adherence to installation standards/quality expectations.
- Follow and enforce safet work practices including LOTO, OSHA 30, and all applicable industrial construction safety standards.
- Travel requirement 80%
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Operations Management or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 15 years of project management, site management, facility maintenance operations
- Project Management Professional certification (plus but not required)
- Knowledge of materials handling, warehouse management systems (WMS), fulfillment or distribution center operations, and supply chain logistics
- Knowledge of automation projects involving machines, robotics, controls, and software
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to clearly interpret/communicate mechanical & electrical schematic drawings for site installation
- Mechanically & Electrically able to troubleshoot integrated material handling systems
- Understand clearly the capablitiy and functionality of a PLC
- Microsoft Office platform and Microsoft Project competency required
- Ability to handle multiple project assignments and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced results-oriented environment
- Leadership skills to drive project team in successful manner. Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and listening skills. Strong organization and collaborative skills
- Must be able to interact courteously and professionally with clients, other Daifuku Engineers, managers, subcontractors, and all other project stake holders.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as required, particularly during project go-live events
If you need assistance applying to an open position online, please email Careers@Wynright.com.
# of Openings: 1
Shift: 1st Shift
Company Division: WYN