Arconic Warehouse and Shipping Supervisor in Lafayette, Indiana
Arconic Lafayette Operations is seeking a Warehouse and Shipping Supervisor to join the Tube Mill team. Under the direction of Tube Mill Plant Manager, this position ensures efficient and repetitive flow of product from Finished goods to Logistics providers on a 24/7 basis. The role will optimize processes for loading and un-loading trucks and ensure smooth transition of duties between working shifts. This position will supervise other personnel. He or she will communicate continually with representatives Transportation, Operations, Security and Planning Departments. Externally, they communicate with customers’ inspectors, transportation providers, carrier contacts, materials suppliers, and subcontractors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Overseeing the finished goods management and shipment processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency in a manner that supports both internal and external customers.
· Supporting the goals and objectives of the business unit in relation to transportation and logistics.
· Interfacing with internal customers including Production, Sales, Quality Assurance, Finance, and Procurement Departments, as well as with the external vendor base in relation to physical distribution to eliminate redundant or non-value-added material flow functions.
· Ensuring all required system data inputs (i.e. transactions) are handled on a timely and accurate basis.
· Scheduling workloads of dedicated transportation providers and working closely with their management personnel to ensure that internal and external customers’ needs are satisfied in a safe and cost-effective manner.
· Ensuring proper staffing within the Tube Mill Finished goods, shipping and receiving areas.
· Managing and coordinating all OSP shipments to and from OSP Suppliers.
· Coordinating transportation schedules with the customer as well as Arconic assigned providers.
· Managing approved customer portals for arranging customer shipments, in addition to Arconic’s freight portal for all prepaid portals.
· Communicating with internal departments on issues or needed actions, as required, to avoid delays with scheduled shipments.
· Maintaining and making accessible all pertinent processes and procedures in case of absences.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
5 years of industrial manufacturing experience, preferably supervisory experience in a unionized environment.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are key success factors.
Knowledge of multi-stop load building (flatbed) and shipping via rail.
Experience in a distribution environment.
Organization: *00223-95703 Production Planning/Transporta
Title: Warehouse and Shipping Supervisor
Requisition ID: 18003259
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.