Lockheed Martin Promotions Supervisor – Lighting Program in Merrillville, Indiana
Description: Lockheed Martin Energy is seeking a Promotions Supervisor – Lighting Program to join the NIPSCO Residential Programs team. The Promotions Supervisor serves as the lead for all outward facing promotional activities regarding the Lighting Program. This role develops strategies, seeks out and pursues new opportunities, and devises tactics to deliver strong results for the program. He/she identifies and builds relationships with manufacturers and retailers who make and sell targeted products. Develops and issues solicitations and joint agreements to industry partners. Leads negotiations and implements promotions, tracks and trends results, and provides weekly and monthly reports to management showing progress towards goals, and develops projections and forecasts for annual program cycle.
This role coordinates with fulfillment vendors to transfer promotion data and receive sales and/or project data regularly, as defined by program needs.
The Promotions Supervisor develops a successfully strategy for cultivating key relationships, negotiates effective promotions, and develops creative marketing opportunities. Trains and provides direction to field staff on outreach activities and promotional requirements. Identifies and builds opportunities for relevant staff training on new products and markets. Provides guidance to Field Reps on placement of POP. Negotiates cooperative marketing with program partners, makes recommendations for new POP materials, and serves as the main interface with the Programs’ marketing vendors. Reviews and analyzes performance related to promotional activities and recommends areas for improvement as needed. Monitors and maintains awareness of energy efficiency, consumer products and retail industries.
• Exhibits professional demeanor and top-notch customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• PC, keyboarding, and typing/data entry proficiency.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Must be able to create/maintain relationships and work effectively and collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
• High level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Demonstrates ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
• The ability to work under pressure and to meet frequent deadlines.
• The ability to perform assigned or self-initiated activities to a successful conclusion.
• The ability to work as a team member and independently with little direction.
• Anticipate needs and exercise seasoned professional judgment.
• Willingness to learn and adapt to new responsibilities.
• Proactive, self-motivated high performer who emanates a positive attitude and energy.
• Knowledge of consumer products industry; especially lighting, appliances and electronics;
• Retail merchandising experience;
• Exceptional customer service skills;
• Strong organizational and planning skills;
• Supervisory or management experience;
• Previous experience in energy efficiency and/or utility sector.
• Technical product knowledge of the lighting industry, including manufactures and retailers.
• Team player who will deliver results effectively and efficiently utilizing resourcefulness, a sense of urgency and responsiveness.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to develop creative solutions and quickly adjust approaches based on changing program and client needs;
• Responsible for leading and conducting the development, enhancement, and maintenance of organizational relationships with retailers and manufacturers.
• Weekly travel to retailers
• Demonstrate strong knowledge about the market activity, trends, and products
• Demonstrate ability to accurately predict market activity based on in-depth knowledge of past activity and developments with the market
• Oversee lighting program plans for program launch and successful implementation.
• Review program-level statistics, market and economic data, and regulatory activity to determine sales potential and monitor performance trends; provide recommendations to move forward
• Staff development and management including; balancing direct reports workload, ensuring accountability, performance evaluations, and defining professional growth and development
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook, OneNote, Project and PowerPoint.
• Experience in energy efficiency preferred, but not required.
• SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience a plus
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Sales, Marketing, Account Management or a related field
• Experience with energy efficiency or energy efficient products is desired
• Experience working with CRM systems is highly preferred
• Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Solid problem-solving capabilities
• Creativity and attention to detail
• Team player with positive attitude and ability to work effectively with different teams
• Proven track record of translating technical messages for diverse audiences
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time within Northern Indiana
• Reliable transportation required
• Must be able to meet the requirements to drive for company business
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
• We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.