Progress Rail Services Corp. Technician I, Test in Muncie, Indiana
Technician I, Test
Muncie, IN Locomotive - 293
• Performs a range of evaluations in the Final Test phase of locomotive production.
Auto req ID:
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com at https://www.progressrail.com/ and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• Associates degree in electrical or mechanical engineering technology and at least 5 years of related experience.
Key Job Elements:
• Test all electrical and mechanical, and electronic locomotive systems and sub-assemblies including: complicated circuits, electrical measurements, air brake systems, diesel engines, and interactions between all systems;
• Diagnose, adjust, troubleshoot, and repair all defects found during testing;
• Conduct track testing of all types of locomotives and be expected to follow all rules pertaining to the operation of a locomotive;
• Calculate and record data;
• Responsible for test set ups and special instrumentations required to determine parts performance and systems characteristics;
• Responsible for troubleshooting methods to identify problems, critically analyze and develop solutions, and report key findings to quality organization and internal production departments.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Technical knowledge to detect a deficiency with written skills to record deficiencies in an easily understandable manner and the expertise to repair the deficiency (if required);
• Electrical/mechanical experience with the ability to troubleshoot problems using schematics and other test engineering specifications. Functional understanding of (locomotive) electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems;
• Understand mechanical/electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic schematics flowcharts;
• Must be able to make locomotive repairs and use tools typically found in a locomotive maintenance facility;
• Must have experience in a high voltage environment, computer/electronics knowledge and a working knowledge of test equipment;
• Must have experience in using a variety of computer software programs including Windows and Office products.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Alternative Work Location:
Progress Rail Services Corp.
- Progress Rail Services Corp. Jobs