Regional Automotive Group Parts Manager in Valparaiso, Indiana
Responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the Parts Department. Advises and makes recommendations to the Branch Manager and Senior Parts Manager with respect to the best interest of the Parts Department whenever and wherever the activities of the company are involved.
- Develop reasonable annual objectives for the department to include customer service, proper and acceptable inventory levels, acceptable turnover rates, and sales goals and profits. Prepare an annual budget for the department
- Sees that authorized plans and programs are carried out by the department as to inventory levels, EQQ’s profit, warranty, customer satisfaction, service and convenience.
- Insures availability to adequate manpower at all times in order to maintain proper records, storage facilities, packaging, deliveries, and parts sales. Maintains a display area.
- Recruits and hires department personnel. Organizes and conducts training programs for parts personnel as a department function or in conjunction with a manufacturer’s representative.
- Evaluates the performance of parts personnel and makes recommendations with regard to salary levels and compensation plans
- Maintains proper records and up to date organization charts, submits required reports, checks customer credit status and conducts other administrative details as required by management.
- Makes recommendations with regard to the stocking and sale of re-manufactured, used or exchanged parts. Keeps the sales department and customers informed regarding such programs; analyzes monthly emergency purchases.
- Prepares and recommends plans for expansion. Makes necessary purchases of outside supplies and maintenance equipment.
- See that parts literature, instruction sheets, price sheets, reference material, promotional material, etc is properly maintained and kept up to date and available on all items supplied by the business
- Takes an active part in company sales and service meetings, acts as catalyst in promotion and sale of parts through every possible means. Maintains contact with customers and constantly evaluates the degree of parts service offered
- Make yourself available for overtime, understanding that the equipment repair business may call for it from time to time
- Individuals must comply with all safety policies, and have the ability to lift and move up to 70 lbs.
- Studies operating costs, i.e., delivery charges and rates, paper work procedures, mechanical handling methods, and other hidden expenses in order to improve the profits of the department
- Continually studies parts management practices and automation, attends conferences and seminars conducted by the manufacturers and associations, and makes every effort to keep posted on the latest and most efficient methods of running a profitable parts department.
- Maintain good working relationships and cooperates with other department personnel
- Maintains housekeeping discipline
Keeps current on product knowledge for those products represented by the branch which is to include attending conferences, seminars and continuing education classes conducted by manufactures and associates Skills:
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
- Time Management Education/Training
Degree: Associates Degree or Equivalent
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES
Valid Driver’s License
Prior Forklift experience necessary. Forklift Certification helpful.